Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY holiday gift ideas: From the babysitter to the kids




Most babysitters are going to school, which is why they're are babysitting. And if you are going to school and you're babysitting, chances are you don't have loads of extra cash to spend on the kids. Even so you probably want to give them something!


This has always been tricky for me. One year I got each family a board game, instead of getting each kid an individual gift. Last year I made personalized tin cans filled with cookies. I used sparkly green stickers to spell out their name. For some of them, I gave them an extra smaller can with "Santa" spelled out on it, so then they would leave share some of their cookies with their parents. Yeah, I though that was pretty genius too. But I spent an ENTIRE day making cookies, and I'm not sure if I can handle that now that I have a full time job.

Anyway, here are some ideas I've been considering that I found on Pinterest.

Angry birds game
 




This would actually be really fun to play with and fairly easy to paint. I just know if any of the kids I watch even like Angry Birds. I like the Angry Birds bookmark idea too! See above.

Heart ornaments


I thought this would be a simple and cute idea. You can fill them with a few pieces of candy, put a hook on it to hang on the tree and glue an initial on them to make them more personal. Like I did at the top.

Bathtub crayons



This could be an activity that you do with the kids, but it would also work to them as a gift. This is an especially great idea if the kids you watch give you trouble at bath time.

What are you inexpensive holiday gift ideas for kids?


No comments: